Poisonous Compound List
[Effects of Poisons]
Most compounds that can be poisonous are common household chemicals such as bleach, ammonia, and many others. Many of these poisnous compounds can have a deleterious effects on your health. If you suspect that someone is trying to poison you, first call your poison control in your area. Secondly, save the food and/or drink that you think may have been contaminated with a poisonous chemical. Last, get those samples tested and/or get your self tested immediately. DO NOT WASTE TIME. Your life and health could be in danger.
Acetone - a metabolite of Isopropanol.
Acetone is found in nail polish remover.
2. Cyanide - competitively binds to hemoglobin, a component of the red blood cell that transports oxygen from cell to cell.
3. Ethylene Glycol - Antifreeze; this compound is used as an automobile coolant. Unfortunately, some adventurous individual or alcoholics will indulge in this forbidden drink. Ethylene Glycol may have hallucinogenic effects, in addition to the "buzz or drunkenness" feeling furnished from drinking beer, liquor, or wine.
4. Isopropanol - Rubbing alcohol can cause gastric disturbances or irritations.
5. Methanol (Wood Alcohol) - oxidized or metabolized to Formaldehyde, a common biological preservative that can cause blindness and/or death. The most common and effective treatment is Ethanol (Ethyl Alcohol inducement), found in alcoholic beverages such as beer, liquor, or wine.
6. Sodium Hypochlorite (Bleach)
7. Ammonia (NH3) - common household cleaner found in window or glass cleaner such as Windex.
8. Heavy Metals - Lead, Arsenic, and Mercury
9. Carbon Monoxide - deprives cellular oxygen
10. Acetaminophen - an analgesic drug found in over the counter medication such as Tylenol. This is a common poison use by suicidal teenager.
11. Formaldehyde - this is a compound that is use as a biological preservative such as fetal pig, cats, etc. for dissection purposes in biology, anatomy classes, etc. As mentioned above, formaldehyde is a byproduct of Methanol oxidation.