Test for Glucose,
The following are common test(s) that you can do for yourself. You can do the test any time and as many times as you want. If you are concerned about the results, CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN IMMEDIATELY. Specimen collection sites are available in many cities in all 50 States.
1. Hepatitisis an inflammation of the liver cause by excessive alcohol consumption, viral, and others. This test will screen for the most common viral strains that include Hepatitis A, B, and C.
a. Hepatitis A Igm AntibodyThis virus is endemic throughout the world, that is transmitted through fecal contamination and in areas of poor hygiene. Hepatitis A is detectable within two weeks after initial exposure. The level increases for up to 2 months and gradually diminishes in about 6 months, which at this time is undetectable.
Fee - $65.00 order now
b. Hepatitis B Core Igm AntibodyBecause the virus has a central core, upon initial infection your body will make Antibody to the core of the virus. The Antibody will appear in blood in about 6 -14 weeks.
Fee - $52.00 order now
c. Hepatitis B surface Antigen with ConfirmationAnother strain of Hepatitis is the Hepatitis B virus that is transmissible through infected blood or bodily fluids, through sexual intercourse or intravenous drug use. A positive test for Hepatitis B surface Antigen indicates exposure.
Fee - $35.00 order now
Fee - $30.00 order now
Fee - $45.00 order now
3. Heavy Metals - these include Lead, Mercury, and Arsenic that has various clinical implications.
a. Arsenic - found in rat poisoning and other sources. FDA acceptable level is less than or equal to 72 ng/ml.
Fee - $55.00 order now
b. Lead - Usually found in paints, gun ammunition (bullets), etc. Exposure to lead can lead to various health problems including mental retardation.
Fee - $42.00 order now
c. Mercury - use commonly in thermometers. Exposure to Mercury is usually from eating sea foods such as fish.
Fee - $68.00 order now
4. Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) - a hormone responsible for the stimulation of the thyroid gland to produce T4 hormone, that has a great effect on metabolism.
Fee - 45.00 order now
5. Thyroxin (T4);Free; unbound hormone - Test Free T4 helps to evaluate thyroid functioinality, and determine diseases such as hypothyrodism and hyperthyrodism.
Fee - $58.00 order now
6. Calcium - One of the most important element that our bodies to maintain strong bones. There are many sources of calcium including dairy products such as milk, salmon, tofu, and others.
Fee - $15.00 order now
7. Glucose - This is one of the source of energy that our cells need to carry on its tasks. One the best sources of glucose is common table sugar. Interestingly, our brain consumes about close to 1/4 pound of glucose per day. A deficiency in glucose is hypoglycemia, while an excess in glucose in the blood is called hyperglycemia. The latter may indicate a disorder of diabetes, where insulin deficiency maybe indicated.
Fee - $13.50 order now
8. Cholesterol (Total) - an important compound that is a base form many hormone synthesis, and also aids in providing rigidity in cell membranes.
Fee; $12.00 order now
9. Triglyceride - are basically fats from various sources such as meat, nuts. etc. Fats are important souce of energy, protects the brain, maintenance of healthy skin, and others. Too much intake of fats can have deliterious health consequences.
Fee - $11.50 order now
10. HDL/LDL Ratio - High Density Lipoprotein (HDL) are proteins that enable the removal and transport of fats such as triglycerides, chlolesterol, especially helpful in maintaining clean arteries preventing occurence of heart diseases. The Low Density Lipoprotein (LDL) are responsible for transporting fats to cells for energy use, and other processes. A high concentration of LDL becomes oxidized (think of metal rusting), and it is at this point it can lead to artherosclerosis or hardening of the arteries. A normal range for HDL/LDL ration is abut 130 mg/dl. A high ratio could indicate a high level of LDL.
Fee - $25.50 order now
11. Electrolytes - Includes sodium, potassium, chloride, and carbonate that are important in proper function of various organs and cells in our body.
Fee - $88.50 Order Now